Saturday, May 1, 2010

Heros and Leagcies

Banana workout from chad vazquez on Vimeo.


What impact will you have after you have moved on from this life? Have you ever thought about this?
Over the past several months I have been really worried about money and material things that I cannot afford to give my daughter and my wife. This was really beginning to bother me when I started to dwell on the future that I would hand down to my daughter. She is a wonderfully gifted, athletic, energetic and intelligent child. She speaks well, has not had any major health problems and is generally a great kid. Was this just the way that she was born or could I have had something to do with that. Forsaking modesty, I believe that I have been one of the major influences in her life. She talks about eating healthy and understands what impact it has. She is only 4 and has a better understanding of health and fitness than most adults that i run across. Is this more important than any material object or monetary hand out that I could give her? I believe so. Is there anything greater that we can give the next generation?
Our society is riddled with health problems that are plaguing our generation and the next. You and I are the only ones that can stop this, and we must do so in any way possible. Be it crossfit, yoga, sports, or just a healthy diet and constant movement. WE MUST MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Get involved and do your part. It may feel small and unimportant but the ripples will extend beyond this life and the next. What you do for others is immortal and will be felt for generations to come.
What will be your legacy? Will you be a trailblazer, change the generational sins that have been handed down to you, or will you just pass them on? Look deep inside and fight for more than yourself, fight for the future of mankind. Does that sound like a little too much to tackle? It's not, you do it one person at a time!

I will make a difference, I will be a trailblazer, I will DO! This is my legacy. What is yours?

Hold the line,
Mike W.

1 comment: