Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Change or die





Hey guys, been a while. I have been doing some soul searching and making some new goals while trying to maintain motavation. So today I'm going to cover a few things that I have been dealing with lately. As some of you may know, I currently work a full time job and coach crossfit in the evenings as well as coach on Saturdays. I also have a wife and a 5yr old daughter that has just started soccer, needless to say my life is a little crazy most of the time. Oh yeah, and let's not forget that I have to find time to train myself as well... man I'm getting tired just typing this. What I'm trying to get across is that sometimes in the daily shuffle you can easily lose sight of your goals and it gets hard at times to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I had recently fallen into not looking at the goals and just looking at the hardship. I was loosing my dreams to daily routine and was struggling to find the fire that burns within me. I know it's always there but the flame was feeling smothered. I felt a change coming and it was inevitable. To grow there has to be change and discomfort. I never shy away from putting myself in uncomfortable situations so I am going to lay my ultimate goal out there for you, but you'll have to wait till the end.

This November is my two year anniversary with crossfit and what has now become my passion (my wife and daughter come first, love you babe!). In this time I have truely found myself and seen the full potential that I can be. I have become a better husband, father and a more usefull humanbeing in general. I thrive on seeing the changes that people are able to make in their lives and can't wait to see what mine holds in store for me. It has only been two years but some days it feels like an eterity and others it feels like only minutes. I have come from being weak of mind, body and spirit to being full of zeal for life, love, and making an impact in everything that I am a part of. I have changed a bit from the "me" I was before. I don't wear the same clothes, I don't even remotely follow the same routines that I did before. MY LIFE HAS CHANGED!

Ok, some of my goals may not be far off from yours. I strive to get stronger daily. I strive for less body fat. I strive for perfect form. I am pretty sure that I will never be satisfied as there is alway somewhere to improve. One day you feel great about the work out and the next you are humbled. But my main goal that I am going to own is that I want NOTHING more than to coach full time. There, I said it. This may not seem like such a big deal. For me to put that out there is huge, I have kept it to myself for so long. Those that are closest to me already know this but to put it out to the public is another deal all together. I feel that there will be a magnifying glass on me during all of my WODs making sure that I am doing everything to perfection. This means ownership of all of my weaknesses with out foresaking my strengths. It's a big deal to me! Ok, what's the next step? This may surprise (ha) you but I don't really know what else I could be doing. I coach to learn, I train to learn. My eyes are always open to new ideas and focused on improving everything within me. Well that's me, let's get on to you! See, you are the main reason I do what I do. The reason I work with out question and know I am going down the right path. Seeing you improve, seeing your face the first time you get a pullup. May the ripples I create go deap and wide.

With out change none of this would be possible. Without discomfort growth cannot be obtained. You know this, It's not a new idea. What are your goals that you are afraid to say out loud? Speak them, post them, let them be known. This is the first step to reaching out and grabbing the things you want most in life. This is what I hope to give everyone!

Mike


5 comments:

  1. Excellent post, Mike. It's a big step to post your goals.

    You have definitely been an inspiration for me along my journey. If there is anything that I can do to help you, please let me know!

    - Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. The games for 2012!!! There I said it. So coach, how are you helping me get there? Haha, now you have another goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let your passion drive your goals!

    You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures. ~Charles C. Noble

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys, thank you so much for all of your support. It means a lot to get feedback from everyone!

    much love,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. c-monster, I knew you where up to something!!!

    ReplyDelete